Ten trees damaged after strong winds in Somerset
Written by Bridgwater Mercury on May 4, 2021
TEN trees were damaged due to the high winds in Somerset last night (May 3).
Somerset County Council (SCC) highways team attended three incidents in Mendip, two in Somerset West and Taunton and five in South Somerset.
The damage comes after a windy bank holiday weekend, during which The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for Somerset.
A spokesperson for the SCC Highways team said there will be further “strong gusts” of wind and so have offered advice on staying safe when travelling in windy weather.
- Keep both hands on the wheel when you are driving
- Keep your distance from other road users
- Prepare for stronger gusts of wind on exposed stretches of road
- Keep your speed down
- Leave extra room for cyclists & motorcyclists
- Plan your journey carefully
- Expect lower speed limits on exposed bridges
Read the original article here (Link opens in new page, we are not responsible for the content from external sources)