Fire crews tackle kitchen blaze in North Petherton
Written by Bridgwater Mercury on April 14, 2021
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen fire near Bridgwater last night (April 14).
Two fire engines from Bridgwater and one from Taunton attended the incident on Campion Way, North Petherton.
The cause of the fire, which broke out around 5pm, was accidental.
“We were sent to a report of smoke issuing from a kitchen in a domestic property,” said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.
“On arrival crews confirmed smoke was issuing from the ground floor kitchen and extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“There was 40 per cent heat and smoke damage to the kitchen and 10 per cent smoke damage to the rest of the property.”
Read the original article here (Link opens in new page, we are not responsible for the content from external sources)